Skip to main content

Tears From Make Believe Places

I have been going through my poem/quote books that I've written in and I came upon one of my favorite poems I read in high school. The author in unknown.

...And they made believe it was summer even though it was the middle of December. He leaned over and whispered, we can pretend there's an orange tress growing in the backyard if it makes you feel any better... She just stared off into what he knew was the place she went when it hurt. He held her tighter even though he knew he'd lost her. He kept his faith that someday her whole heart could be his. Racing through rich dark green fields with bare feet and high hopes, he could always recall these memories when it hurt. He slowly got up and before releasing her hand and turning to leave, he stared straight into her eyes but she was still somewhere far away, and once again whispered slowly, "we can pretend there's an orange tress growing in the backyard"...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bedtime music, can you see what kind of mood i am in. ;)

 

ramblings of an insane insecurity

weheartit I think all of is need a little reminder of this. For some reason lately I have needed it. I know how conceited that sounds but there is always a time when you just don't feel attractive. Your pictures never come out right, your hair just doesn't do what it used to and makeup just seems like another necessity. I just haven't had the motivation to do anything. I have been working out everyday (minus yesterday) for an hour .. and the fact that results take time.. URGH !! I want to look like a skinny Minny NOW. To bad without drastic surgery that won't happen. There are so many things that I want to change about my appearance; having longer hair (which takes time), being skinny, having toned arms, wearing clothes that make me look hot instead of like a preschool teacher.. and than I realize I keep focusing on my physical appearance. I don't do this on purpose but it's hard not to when thats all rest of the world seems to focus on. I mean seriously when...