Skip to main content

interesting facts about the human body


The average human brain contains about 100 billion nerve cells.

It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.

It takes about 72 muscles to produce human speech.

The average life span of a taste bud is only ten days.

The average cough comes out of your mouth at 60 miles per hour.

We are born without knee caps; they don't appear until 2-6 years of age.

Children grow faster in the springtime.

It takes an hour for your stomach to break down cow milk.

Our eyes stay the same size throughout life, but our nose and ears never stop growing.

The average surface length of your intestines is 665 feet.

The average human will shed over forty pounds of skin in their lifetime,

We are born with 300 bones, but only end up with 206 when we are adults.

Each square inch of human skin consists of 20 feet of blood vessels.

During a 24 hour period the average human with breathe 23,040 times.

Human thigh bones are stronger then concrete.

Our skulls are made up of 26 different bones.

Hair is made of the same substances as fingernails.

Women blink twice as many times in men.

Right handed people on average, live nine years longer then left handed people.

The total length of eyelash shed in a lifetime is over 98 feet.

Our heads weigh and average of eight pounds.

The strongest muscle in the human body is the tongue.

When we sneeze, our entire bodily functions stop, even our heart beat.

Blondes have more hair per inch then dark color haired people.

In a lifetime, a human will walk the length of five times around the equator.

Our heart creates enough pressure to shoot blood thirty feet straight up in the air.

An average human swallows 295 times while eating dinner.

The typical person goes to the bathroom six times a day.

The hardest bone in the body is the jawbone.

There are over 500 hairs in an eyebrow.

Over a lifetime your heart will rest for twenty years.

It takes food seven seconds to get to your mouth to your stomach.

Comments

  1. very fun post (:

    "Right handed people on average, live nine years longer then left handed people." Wonder what's behind that one. Most right handed people (and this most people) and 'left brained'. Right brained people tend to be more creative.... maybe take more life-threatening risks in life? Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always worries me when I get a sneeze attack while driving.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

bedtime music, can you see what kind of mood i am in. ;)

 

ramblings of an insane insecurity

weheartit I think all of is need a little reminder of this. For some reason lately I have needed it. I know how conceited that sounds but there is always a time when you just don't feel attractive. Your pictures never come out right, your hair just doesn't do what it used to and makeup just seems like another necessity. I just haven't had the motivation to do anything. I have been working out everyday (minus yesterday) for an hour .. and the fact that results take time.. URGH !! I want to look like a skinny Minny NOW. To bad without drastic surgery that won't happen. There are so many things that I want to change about my appearance; having longer hair (which takes time), being skinny, having toned arms, wearing clothes that make me look hot instead of like a preschool teacher.. and than I realize I keep focusing on my physical appearance. I don't do this on purpose but it's hard not to when thats all rest of the world seems to focus on. I mean seriously when...