Skip to main content

my beautiful friend tanya wrote this.

Here's a little something inspired by the movie "For Colored Girls" 

You were..
the perfect dream
the tissue
that wiped my tears
the embrace
that silenced my fears
You. . .
you were strong
like iron and gold
filling my life
with colors
my eyes
had never known
breathing
your existence made life...easy
or so it seemed
your smile
melted the sun
the love
in your eyes
spoke words
only your soul could speak
to me
so tell me, love
why?
why do your eyes
no longer
glisten with love?
why does your embrace
no longer have presence
or warmth?
why?
why do oceans
pour from eyes?
why does
my soul ache
at the thought...of you?
Tell me...
man of strength
why you've raped me from my joy,
leaving me
naked
and alone
in the cold
to die
why?
why doesn't my love
no longer quench your thirst?
when did my presence lose its meaning...to you?
tell me..why
you painted
a picture
of false safety
only to capture my heart
and abandon me?
why does death
seem to drown me
while I'm living?
you took my heart
and abused it
you,
willing took my love
and used it
to wet your ego
and now
I'm left...
asking questions
paining
through this physical existence
crying...
mentally
dying
internally
numb
the sun does not shine
in the day time
nor does the moon
have a place in my night sky
raping me
slowly
you've murdered me
only
I'm still living
and for what?
so the world can see
just another foolish woman
believing
hoping
trusting
deceived

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bedtime music, can you see what kind of mood i am in. ;)

 

ramblings of an insane insecurity

weheartit I think all of is need a little reminder of this. For some reason lately I have needed it. I know how conceited that sounds but there is always a time when you just don't feel attractive. Your pictures never come out right, your hair just doesn't do what it used to and makeup just seems like another necessity. I just haven't had the motivation to do anything. I have been working out everyday (minus yesterday) for an hour .. and the fact that results take time.. URGH !! I want to look like a skinny Minny NOW. To bad without drastic surgery that won't happen. There are so many things that I want to change about my appearance; having longer hair (which takes time), being skinny, having toned arms, wearing clothes that make me look hot instead of like a preschool teacher.. and than I realize I keep focusing on my physical appearance. I don't do this on purpose but it's hard not to when thats all rest of the world seems to focus on. I mean seriously when...