Skip to main content

the raven

So I went as saw The Raven yesterday, I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Of course I had high expectations because; let's be serious, when you take the works of Edgar Allan Poe and put it in a movie you better do a good job. I loved the dialogue and the whole take on the possibilities of what his last days were. I think I enjoyed it more than other people but it was definitely my kind of movie. Not to mention John Cusack as Poe, who would have thought?! But he does a great job.
My favorite story was saved for last. I wish I could talk about it but I think it would give something away. So if you haven't seen it, go see it!!
   
On another note. I feel like writers from the past are quickly being forgotten by todays society. Which actually makes me kind of sad. Some of the BEST writers and stories come from the the 1800's-early 1900's. The vocabulary and the ability to describe in so much detail. sigh* Of course if you are not used to the dialogue you have to work up to it but it is so worth the work. NO the movies are not the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bedtime music, can you see what kind of mood i am in. ;)

 

ramblings of an insane insecurity

weheartit I think all of is need a little reminder of this. For some reason lately I have needed it. I know how conceited that sounds but there is always a time when you just don't feel attractive. Your pictures never come out right, your hair just doesn't do what it used to and makeup just seems like another necessity. I just haven't had the motivation to do anything. I have been working out everyday (minus yesterday) for an hour .. and the fact that results take time.. URGH !! I want to look like a skinny Minny NOW. To bad without drastic surgery that won't happen. There are so many things that I want to change about my appearance; having longer hair (which takes time), being skinny, having toned arms, wearing clothes that make me look hot instead of like a preschool teacher.. and than I realize I keep focusing on my physical appearance. I don't do this on purpose but it's hard not to when thats all rest of the world seems to focus on. I mean seriously when...