Skip to main content

Garetts Fight! take a moment to watch and think



What an incredible story! Kudos to Garett's parents for giving him the opportunity to be more than what most of society would just classify as a "special needs" person. Also kudos to his instructor for being willing to take on such a task.
I think the one thing people need to learn from Garetts story is that just because there are people who function and learn differently from those of us society as labeled normal does not mean they aren't smart or that they are helpless. All they need is a chance and I can guarentee you, you will be highly surprised. I myself have had the opportunity to work with people with autism and down syndrome and I will tell you it was some of the most memorable moments.
I think it's so awesome that he is now an instructor to little ones and others who more than likely wouldn't be given the chance. Way to go Garett, what an inspiration!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bedtime music, can you see what kind of mood i am in. ;)

 

ramblings of an insane insecurity

weheartit I think all of is need a little reminder of this. For some reason lately I have needed it. I know how conceited that sounds but there is always a time when you just don't feel attractive. Your pictures never come out right, your hair just doesn't do what it used to and makeup just seems like another necessity. I just haven't had the motivation to do anything. I have been working out everyday (minus yesterday) for an hour .. and the fact that results take time.. URGH !! I want to look like a skinny Minny NOW. To bad without drastic surgery that won't happen. There are so many things that I want to change about my appearance; having longer hair (which takes time), being skinny, having toned arms, wearing clothes that make me look hot instead of like a preschool teacher.. and than I realize I keep focusing on my physical appearance. I don't do this on purpose but it's hard not to when thats all rest of the world seems to focus on. I mean seriously when...