Skip to main content

Happy Fathers Day

Today is fathers day and I wanted to wish all of the wonderful fathers a wonderful day. It takes a lot to be a parent and each parent has a different story. Whether you became a father in high school, or it was a well planned out pregnancy or perhaps you took on responsibility for children who had no father to speak of.
My father is a prime example of the later. He took us in and has always loved us as his own. Treated us as equals to his own flesh and blood and I am grateful for that. I have spoken to many men who say they don't think they could take in someone else's children. I personally don't really understand why not but I live on the other side of that view point. But back to the subject at hand, fathers come in all different shapes and sizes. Maybe they are just father figures. Make sure you tell those men in your life that you are grateful for them, that you appreciate them. Remember there are so many who don't even have that much. Happy Fathers Day. I love my daddy completely. He is there when I need him and has brought me out of some tough times. It's always nice when I'm far away and I get that I love you message.

My dad and Malachi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bedtime music, can you see what kind of mood i am in. ;)

 

ramblings of an insane insecurity

weheartit I think all of is need a little reminder of this. For some reason lately I have needed it. I know how conceited that sounds but there is always a time when you just don't feel attractive. Your pictures never come out right, your hair just doesn't do what it used to and makeup just seems like another necessity. I just haven't had the motivation to do anything. I have been working out everyday (minus yesterday) for an hour .. and the fact that results take time.. URGH !! I want to look like a skinny Minny NOW. To bad without drastic surgery that won't happen. There are so many things that I want to change about my appearance; having longer hair (which takes time), being skinny, having toned arms, wearing clothes that make me look hot instead of like a preschool teacher.. and than I realize I keep focusing on my physical appearance. I don't do this on purpose but it's hard not to when thats all rest of the world seems to focus on. I mean seriously when...