Skip to main content

Out of the Darkness

So today my friend April shared this with me and it meant a lot. She is helping to support the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP). Please read her letter and consider donating to the cause. To many people die everyday for reasons we may not understand. It hurts my heart that people can feel so alone that they think there is no other way. I have had suicide touch close to me and every year it seems more and more people choose to use it as an escape. So many young people especially. The causes are vast and wide but if we can just help one person it will be worth it. Fight for life. Remember to always consider other people. You have no idea what is going on in others' lives. They could feel that they are on their last limb and you would never know. We have become masters of disguise. We can fool others we are ok when we are beyond broken and lost. Smile and people, say hello. We live in a lonely world where electronics and work control our everyday. God Bless You and remember no amount is too small. Thank  you so much for taking your time to read this. xoxoxo Anastasia


  • Dear Friends,
    I will be joining with thousands of people nationwide this September to walk in the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention's (AFSP) Out of the Darkness Community Walk.
    My personal fundraising goal is $150. I would appreciate any support that you give me for this worthwhile cause.
    I lost my brother, Dalton, to suicide this past October. AFSP has provided me with information to help me understand my grieving process. They've also provided support and groups to connect with others who understand what we're going through. They've helped make a terrible situation, slightly better.
    The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is at the forefront of research, advocacy, education and prevention initiatives designed to reduce loss of life from suicide. With more than 38,000 lives lost each year in the U.S. and over one million worldwide, the importance of AFSP's mission has never been greater, nor our work more urgent.
    I hope you will consider supporting my participation in this event. Any contribution will help the work of AFSP, and all donations are 100% tax deductible.
    Donating online is safe and easy! To make an online donation click the "Support Me" link in this email and then click the "Support Me" button on my fundraising page. If you would rather donate by check please make the check payable to AFSP and mail it in with the offline donation form.
    Thank you for considering this request for your support. If you have any questions about the Out of the Darkness Community Walks or AFSP do not hesitate to contact me (here) or visit www.afsp.org
    God bless, April Lewie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bedtime music, can you see what kind of mood i am in. ;)

 

ramblings of an insane insecurity

weheartit I think all of is need a little reminder of this. For some reason lately I have needed it. I know how conceited that sounds but there is always a time when you just don't feel attractive. Your pictures never come out right, your hair just doesn't do what it used to and makeup just seems like another necessity. I just haven't had the motivation to do anything. I have been working out everyday (minus yesterday) for an hour .. and the fact that results take time.. URGH !! I want to look like a skinny Minny NOW. To bad without drastic surgery that won't happen. There are so many things that I want to change about my appearance; having longer hair (which takes time), being skinny, having toned arms, wearing clothes that make me look hot instead of like a preschool teacher.. and than I realize I keep focusing on my physical appearance. I don't do this on purpose but it's hard not to when thats all rest of the world seems to focus on. I mean seriously when...