Skip to main content

National Domestic Violence Awareness Month

October is National Domestic Violence Awareness Month. I must say that means something to me. More than something. It is said that every 9 seconds in the US alone a woman is assaulted or beaten. That is a horrifying truth. What had happened to this world. I know that this kind of treatment has been around dating back to biblical times but it just seems to be disgustingly ramped these days. Where is the respect parents should be teaching their children? Where is worth?
It saddens my heart to know many of us women have to go through this daily. I can only speak from personal aspects but as a child I saw the affects a man can have on a woman. Diminishing her until she lost her value. She meant nothing to herself. Imagine words spewing like venom, telling lies like "no one else will love you", "Who else would want you?", "You're worthless." Many women have to live with this type of degrading reality. Yes we can set our worth but when you hear the same things over and over by someone who is supposed to love you, you can't help but believe it. Eventually you get comfortable in your own pain. You get comfortable getting treated that way and just accept it. Living day in and day out deep inside of yourself. After awhile breaking out seems impossible and lonely. But words are just the beginning. It turns to mind games and then physical.
Remember everything always starts small but it won't stop there no matter how sorry they say they are or how much they try and do to make up for it. My mother once told me once a man goes down that road with a woman and knows he can get away with it, he won't stop. I believe her. That is not love. Love doesn't make you feel pain, love doesn't cause you to hate yourself. Love should be uplifting. Maybe not always rainbows and butterflies but it should always give you a reason to smile in the rough moments. It should make you stronger together.
Think about this, everyday in the US at least 3 women are killed by their husbands/boyfriends. Any life lost is to much. How can someone be so cruel. There is no excuse no matter the reason they are mad. Get out while you can. Don't be a statistic. You are better than that. No matter who you are, no matter what your story is, You can survive. If you can't get out alone, don't be afraid to ask for help. If the first person doesn't help you KEEP asking. Someone will. Do it for yourself, for your kids. Do it because you deserve better.
you can click on this link http://www.thehotline.org/ or call this number 1-800-799-7233
you have a voice, you are not alone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bedtime music, can you see what kind of mood i am in. ;)

 

ramblings of an insane insecurity

weheartit I think all of is need a little reminder of this. For some reason lately I have needed it. I know how conceited that sounds but there is always a time when you just don't feel attractive. Your pictures never come out right, your hair just doesn't do what it used to and makeup just seems like another necessity. I just haven't had the motivation to do anything. I have been working out everyday (minus yesterday) for an hour .. and the fact that results take time.. URGH !! I want to look like a skinny Minny NOW. To bad without drastic surgery that won't happen. There are so many things that I want to change about my appearance; having longer hair (which takes time), being skinny, having toned arms, wearing clothes that make me look hot instead of like a preschool teacher.. and than I realize I keep focusing on my physical appearance. I don't do this on purpose but it's hard not to when thats all rest of the world seems to focus on. I mean seriously when...