Skip to main content

lost family?

Me, Ariel,Angela, mom, Adriana, Julia
Julia n I






Aniyah N I




Alex, me and Andy



This past April i got to go on a road trip back to my birthplace... wonderful Grand Island Nebraska.. Yes it's true im a true nebraskan.. laugh it up.. on my way there i was beyond nervous. it was my first time back in years and i was going to re-meet people that all knew me but i had no clue who they were. Well some i knew who they were i just didnt know them. I also got to meet a few cousins from my dads side. (keep in mind i know nothing about my fathers side of the family being that i havent seen him since i was about 5). So you can imagine how nerve wrecking it was and how filled with anticipation and anxious i felt. So I took this 4 hour long trip, my mother and I. As I came close to town my stomach was jumping all over inside my body and my heart beat sooo super fast! Driving in town was like remembering a distant dream. it was things and places i barely remember but knew that i had been there before. some memories crept up and others im sure kept silent. We pull into this apartment complex. I have no idea what to expect or who's going to be there. we walk into some strangers house and i sit on a strange couch. Anyone who knows me knows im am not the least bit shy. but i just didnt know what to do or say. which is a first.. me not knowing what to say, that just doesnt happen.
my mother talks to maryann (an old friend of mothers growing up) and in walks one of her daughters Julia and my unknown cousin Alex (they are dating).. I had been talking to Julia on myspace some, trying to find out about my family so that wasnt to awkward. this is the first time i really met my cousin and i loved him.. though hes one of those people who pretend to be tough when really he's the biggest softy..:] we clicked so fast... neither one of us like to shutup..
so most of my life i didnt want anything to do with my dad. but this made me curious. i knew alex talked to his dad so i figured why cant i at least talk to mine. so my mom told me that he was in jail in texas last she knew. so we looked for him. and without success.. so i asked Alex to ask his dad. and he told me that he wasnt in jail anymore that he was somewhere in Mexico and he had no way of getting ahold of him... wow.. there goes any hope of finding him.. i take alot of this personally because how can your brothers have no way of getting in contact with you!?!? i mean come on really? it sounds fishy to me. and so i kept trying to tell myself dont get your hopes up. but what am i hoping for? i wouldnt even know what to say or how to feel. am i supposed to be angry? maybe sad? or even happy? i dont even know. but as of now i know nothing of him and who he is. i know that i have other siblings out there. and there is so much family that i have to meet. but the chances are slim. but in a strange way i want to meet him.. or at least walk by him. will he know who i am? would he give me a second glance? whho knows? but for now this is all i got..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bedtime music, can you see what kind of mood i am in. ;)

 

the stars ask....

the stars shown bright this night the one with sleepless surrender they asked me what i thought of the moon the moon i said.. hmm thats a good question i think its delightful. giving off just enough light to see from inside these shadows. the ones that i lurk behind watching as life passes by. longing to belong but yet still yearning to be different.. its a choatic mix of nothing that i can achieve. im afraid i'll stay in these shadows forever. never leaning on peace of mind or acceptance. clinging only to what i know best. lingering in darkness and creeping in the night. what a poor, poor soul replied the stars as they left after night.

Casita Mujeres.

I havent written much on my trip to Honduras and I'm not exactly sure why. Here is my first attempt. The one outreach that sticks out in my mind and I'm sure everyone else's was when we went to CASITA MUJERES. It was a "home" for young girls from the ages of maybe 6-18. On this day Pastor Chace asked me if I would give my testimony. Now in my head I'm thinking "are you serious" but I of course say yes. This is my first time ever to give the story of what made me who I am today. That whole day I was so nervous, anyone who knows me also knows that I'm not one to really get nervous about anything. Just the thought of exposing who I am to a whole crowd of people including those from church and my siblings, it just made me feel vulnerable. Our bus is driving on down the road to our destination when we notice a traffic jam. Great it's already hot and sweaty and now there is no movement for the air to circulate through the bus. I guess it was exactl