Skip to main content

just keep truckin

they say theres beauty in the let down.. i completely know what the let down is.. but i cant ever seem to find the beauty. chasing false hopes and dreams. running around in circles. never knowing where to start or end. misguided tour guides tell you which way to go and why. they are there for the money. generally their advice isnt at all for your benefit. make your own path. dont trud behind some long lost washed up wannabe hero. run when everyone else is walking. lauch when noone else seems to be smiling. the warmth of your smile is infectious... (even if you say you dont know how to smile :] ) dont let others define who you are. your the one who should smooth out your own rough edges. if you fall (which we all know is easy), jump back up and push twice as hard. mistakes happen, thats part of being alive but dont just linger in your fault. realize what you have learned and keep that as a help to others.
im not writing this to inspire others or tell anyone else what they should and could be doing. i am first and foremost writing it to benefit me. though if someone else gets a kick out of it on the way than that will put a smile on my face..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bedtime music, can you see what kind of mood i am in. ;)

 

the stars ask....

the stars shown bright this night the one with sleepless surrender they asked me what i thought of the moon the moon i said.. hmm thats a good question i think its delightful. giving off just enough light to see from inside these shadows. the ones that i lurk behind watching as life passes by. longing to belong but yet still yearning to be different.. its a choatic mix of nothing that i can achieve. im afraid i'll stay in these shadows forever. never leaning on peace of mind or acceptance. clinging only to what i know best. lingering in darkness and creeping in the night. what a poor, poor soul replied the stars as they left after night.

Casita Mujeres.

I havent written much on my trip to Honduras and I'm not exactly sure why. Here is my first attempt. The one outreach that sticks out in my mind and I'm sure everyone else's was when we went to CASITA MUJERES. It was a "home" for young girls from the ages of maybe 6-18. On this day Pastor Chace asked me if I would give my testimony. Now in my head I'm thinking "are you serious" but I of course say yes. This is my first time ever to give the story of what made me who I am today. That whole day I was so nervous, anyone who knows me also knows that I'm not one to really get nervous about anything. Just the thought of exposing who I am to a whole crowd of people including those from church and my siblings, it just made me feel vulnerable. Our bus is driving on down the road to our destination when we notice a traffic jam. Great it's already hot and sweaty and now there is no movement for the air to circulate through the bus. I guess it was exactl