Skip to main content

GivesMeHope.



When I woke up a good friend of mine sent me lil' stories from a website called GIVES ME HOPE . People from around the world share little stories about the things that let them know Hope is still alive. There is a reason for everything. Here is an example.

"28 years ago, a pregnant woman went to a doctor who told her that, due to her drug abuse and
alcoholism, her baby would be mentally handicapped and physically deformed.

He recommended an abortion, but she refused.

Yesterday, I received my doctorate degree in astrophysics from MIT.

Mom, you GMH"


I thought this was incredible. For a mother to go against the doctors not knowing if her baby will be OK but still willing to take on the challenge. She must have known God had a plan for her baby. This is proof the doctors aren't always right. Life is important. Think about all of the "would have beens" of the children that are murdered daily.
In the United States alone
DAILY: 3,304
WEEKLY: 23,196
MONTHLY: 100,516
YEARLY: 1,206,192 babies are killed by abortion
Reasons why women choose to get abortions
•74% say having a baby would interfere with work, school, or other responsibilities.
•73% say they cannot afford to have a child.
•48% say they do not want to be a single parent, or have relationship problems with husband or partner.
•Less than 2% say they became pregnant as a result of rape or incest.
Source: The Alan Guttmacher Institute, Perspective on Sexual & Reproductive Health, Sept. 2005


How selfish have we gotten? It is no one's fault other then the adults who are responsible for having intercourse. Why are we punishing the babies? I know the argument of rape and incest. I am mostly talking about the majority. Of course I do not believe in abortion of any form. I don't believe in killing a baby because of the evil of others. I know rapes and incest are also not the mothers fault. I will say this, according to studies preformed from 2005-2008:

78% of women who have abortions experience moderately severe to very severe negative emotional reactions.

64% of women who experienced one or more abortions "felt pressured by others" to have an abortion.

I know not everyone will agree with me on my beliefs and opinions on the issue of abortions but EVERYONE has the right to a life.


all statistics take from MCCL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bedtime music, can you see what kind of mood i am in. ;)

 

the stars ask....

the stars shown bright this night the one with sleepless surrender they asked me what i thought of the moon the moon i said.. hmm thats a good question i think its delightful. giving off just enough light to see from inside these shadows. the ones that i lurk behind watching as life passes by. longing to belong but yet still yearning to be different.. its a choatic mix of nothing that i can achieve. im afraid i'll stay in these shadows forever. never leaning on peace of mind or acceptance. clinging only to what i know best. lingering in darkness and creeping in the night. what a poor, poor soul replied the stars as they left after night.

Casita Mujeres.

I havent written much on my trip to Honduras and I'm not exactly sure why. Here is my first attempt. The one outreach that sticks out in my mind and I'm sure everyone else's was when we went to CASITA MUJERES. It was a "home" for young girls from the ages of maybe 6-18. On this day Pastor Chace asked me if I would give my testimony. Now in my head I'm thinking "are you serious" but I of course say yes. This is my first time ever to give the story of what made me who I am today. That whole day I was so nervous, anyone who knows me also knows that I'm not one to really get nervous about anything. Just the thought of exposing who I am to a whole crowd of people including those from church and my siblings, it just made me feel vulnerable. Our bus is driving on down the road to our destination when we notice a traffic jam. Great it's already hot and sweaty and now there is no movement for the air to circulate through the bus. I guess it was exactl