Skip to main content

GivesMeHope.



When I woke up a good friend of mine sent me lil' stories from a website called GIVES ME HOPE . People from around the world share little stories about the things that let them know Hope is still alive. There is a reason for everything. Here is an example.

"28 years ago, a pregnant woman went to a doctor who told her that, due to her drug abuse and
alcoholism, her baby would be mentally handicapped and physically deformed.

He recommended an abortion, but she refused.

Yesterday, I received my doctorate degree in astrophysics from MIT.

Mom, you GMH"


I thought this was incredible. For a mother to go against the doctors not knowing if her baby will be OK but still willing to take on the challenge. She must have known God had a plan for her baby. This is proof the doctors aren't always right. Life is important. Think about all of the "would have beens" of the children that are murdered daily.
In the United States alone
DAILY: 3,304
WEEKLY: 23,196
MONTHLY: 100,516
YEARLY: 1,206,192 babies are killed by abortion
Reasons why women choose to get abortions
•74% say having a baby would interfere with work, school, or other responsibilities.
•73% say they cannot afford to have a child.
•48% say they do not want to be a single parent, or have relationship problems with husband or partner.
•Less than 2% say they became pregnant as a result of rape or incest.
Source: The Alan Guttmacher Institute, Perspective on Sexual & Reproductive Health, Sept. 2005


How selfish have we gotten? It is no one's fault other then the adults who are responsible for having intercourse. Why are we punishing the babies? I know the argument of rape and incest. I am mostly talking about the majority. Of course I do not believe in abortion of any form. I don't believe in killing a baby because of the evil of others. I know rapes and incest are also not the mothers fault. I will say this, according to studies preformed from 2005-2008:

78% of women who have abortions experience moderately severe to very severe negative emotional reactions.

64% of women who experienced one or more abortions "felt pressured by others" to have an abortion.

I know not everyone will agree with me on my beliefs and opinions on the issue of abortions but EVERYONE has the right to a life.


all statistics take from MCCL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bedtime music, can you see what kind of mood i am in. ;)

 

ramblings of an insane insecurity

weheartit I think all of is need a little reminder of this. For some reason lately I have needed it. I know how conceited that sounds but there is always a time when you just don't feel attractive. Your pictures never come out right, your hair just doesn't do what it used to and makeup just seems like another necessity. I just haven't had the motivation to do anything. I have been working out everyday (minus yesterday) for an hour .. and the fact that results take time.. URGH !! I want to look like a skinny Minny NOW. To bad without drastic surgery that won't happen. There are so many things that I want to change about my appearance; having longer hair (which takes time), being skinny, having toned arms, wearing clothes that make me look hot instead of like a preschool teacher.. and than I realize I keep focusing on my physical appearance. I don't do this on purpose but it's hard not to when thats all rest of the world seems to focus on. I mean seriously when...