Skip to main content

Love this! written by Tanya Amidei

Public Declaration; I NO longer believe in falling/being in love: As I was walking to work this morning I was convicted and reproved for ignorantly believing that I could "fall in love". Love is NOT something you fall into; this pulsing truth wouldn't silence. Now, you can imagine how I felt as the conviction in my heart arose; slightly defensive because certainly I've been defining love properly, right? So, I decided that it was my responsibility to pierce into the Word of my Father, and search to see if this concept of "falling in love" or "being in love" is something that I should indeed attach my life to. Now, it was to my surprise that this concept of emotional intoxication that motivates the lips to part and the tongue to say "I'm in love" is NOWHERE to be found! In fact, as I dug into research I found that this concept; the one I've been guilty of co-signing my name to, is nothing more than lust. Lust is built on what the other person does for me, not what I can do for him or her. If the other person fails to keep up his end of the bargain, the relationship is broken because the offended mate is no longer pleased. This is the reality of the attitude of our cultures so-called "love." I know nothing, I am not perfect, and on my own I cannot even love myself properly, let alone someone else. Therefore, if all life comes down to love, if the hearts of people have a undying desire for love, if I was created in the image of Love, then that tells me I must carefully seek out the proper definition of the very thing that I, along with all of you, desire; love. With that being said; God's love loves without receiving back; God's love is forgiving and patient. God's love is gentle and kind. God's love waits. God's love sacrifices. His love corrects. His love elevates. His love refines. His love works for the ultimate good of His people. Therefore, we should take note that man's (human beings) emotions are not a reliable gauge upon which we can lay a lasting foundation; emotions or "falling in love" is VERY temporary, nor are they strong enough to weather the storms that we will encounter as we bravely and vulnerably choose to love another imperfect being; emotions not strong enough to maintain a lasting relationship. Therefore, I have concluded that we owe it to ourselves to ensure that we are properly defining love, because through our definition we shall embrace the lives of others; impacting for good or for bad. Today I also acknowledge my personal limitation, and therefore I choose not to trust my limited imperfect comprehension, but rather I choose to trust ONE rock, ONE source of strength, and the ONE who holds the key to a LOVE pure and selfless; Elohei Avraham, Elohei Yitzchak ve Elohei Ya`aqov, El Olam. That's all I have to say. Have a wonderful Thursday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bedtime music, can you see what kind of mood i am in. ;)

 

the stars ask....

the stars shown bright this night the one with sleepless surrender they asked me what i thought of the moon the moon i said.. hmm thats a good question i think its delightful. giving off just enough light to see from inside these shadows. the ones that i lurk behind watching as life passes by. longing to belong but yet still yearning to be different.. its a choatic mix of nothing that i can achieve. im afraid i'll stay in these shadows forever. never leaning on peace of mind or acceptance. clinging only to what i know best. lingering in darkness and creeping in the night. what a poor, poor soul replied the stars as they left after night.

the stars tell a story

this is whats known as "THE HAND OF GOD" "THE CROWN OF THORNS" this image was found in the whirlpool galaxie i watched louie giglio's presentation/sermon as some would call it.. its amazing.. this one is from his indescribable dvd.. its incredible and i recommend it to anyone.. even if your not into the stars and the heavens it is just breathtaking..this is a little sneak peak.. i actually purchased this video after i saw it.. thats how WOW'D i was well enjoy