Skip to main content

peaceful freedom


I've found freedom in what's broken
little pieces of shrapnel being remolded together.
My heart is free to skip those little beats,
my lips are capable of lifting into a smile.

I have found my strength in the piled garbage
Just needed to do a little sifting.
Beauty has once again been returned to me.
Confidence runs through these veins.

No more condemning eyes
no more sly remarks.
I'm passed the empty backlashes
and gritting teeth.

It's remarkable, what a little time can bring you.
what delight you can once again find in the simple.
I remember how to breathe (inhale-exhale)
my steps are patterned by my own desire, not that of another's.

I have taken my liberty and I have decided to run
I will not be drawn back or distracted.
Wasted time is no longer an option.
I belong to me. I am mine.

On this day I declare peaceful freedom. My name is Anastasia and that means something. I will surely rise again. I was chosen for this day and age. I was chosen to live the life I have lived. I chose to make each and every decision that led up to misfortunes, disappointments, blessing, experiences. I may not have been fully in control of each step along the way but I did play a role in them. I have a purpose and I am determined to find what it is. Whether it be to make someone smile, or change the world. I will embrace what ever it maybe. I may still have broken pieces in me but I will mend. I maybe left with tarnishes and cracks but I will embrace each and every one because I know I fought to lift myself up. I had help along the way by a few of the most amazing people who I have ever encountered. I will be forever grateful. Words will never be able to fully express my gratitude. I thank you for helping me see that there was more to who i had become. XOXOXO Anastasia Marie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bedtime music, can you see what kind of mood i am in. ;)

 

ramblings of an insane insecurity

weheartit I think all of is need a little reminder of this. For some reason lately I have needed it. I know how conceited that sounds but there is always a time when you just don't feel attractive. Your pictures never come out right, your hair just doesn't do what it used to and makeup just seems like another necessity. I just haven't had the motivation to do anything. I have been working out everyday (minus yesterday) for an hour .. and the fact that results take time.. URGH !! I want to look like a skinny Minny NOW. To bad without drastic surgery that won't happen. There are so many things that I want to change about my appearance; having longer hair (which takes time), being skinny, having toned arms, wearing clothes that make me look hot instead of like a preschool teacher.. and than I realize I keep focusing on my physical appearance. I don't do this on purpose but it's hard not to when thats all rest of the world seems to focus on. I mean seriously when...