Skip to main content

peaceful freedom


I've found freedom in what's broken
little pieces of shrapnel being remolded together.
My heart is free to skip those little beats,
my lips are capable of lifting into a smile.

I have found my strength in the piled garbage
Just needed to do a little sifting.
Beauty has once again been returned to me.
Confidence runs through these veins.

No more condemning eyes
no more sly remarks.
I'm passed the empty backlashes
and gritting teeth.

It's remarkable, what a little time can bring you.
what delight you can once again find in the simple.
I remember how to breathe (inhale-exhale)
my steps are patterned by my own desire, not that of another's.

I have taken my liberty and I have decided to run
I will not be drawn back or distracted.
Wasted time is no longer an option.
I belong to me. I am mine.

On this day I declare peaceful freedom. My name is Anastasia and that means something. I will surely rise again. I was chosen for this day and age. I was chosen to live the life I have lived. I chose to make each and every decision that led up to misfortunes, disappointments, blessing, experiences. I may not have been fully in control of each step along the way but I did play a role in them. I have a purpose and I am determined to find what it is. Whether it be to make someone smile, or change the world. I will embrace what ever it maybe. I may still have broken pieces in me but I will mend. I maybe left with tarnishes and cracks but I will embrace each and every one because I know I fought to lift myself up. I had help along the way by a few of the most amazing people who I have ever encountered. I will be forever grateful. Words will never be able to fully express my gratitude. I thank you for helping me see that there was more to who i had become. XOXOXO Anastasia Marie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bedtime music, can you see what kind of mood i am in. ;)

 

the stars ask....

the stars shown bright this night the one with sleepless surrender they asked me what i thought of the moon the moon i said.. hmm thats a good question i think its delightful. giving off just enough light to see from inside these shadows. the ones that i lurk behind watching as life passes by. longing to belong but yet still yearning to be different.. its a choatic mix of nothing that i can achieve. im afraid i'll stay in these shadows forever. never leaning on peace of mind or acceptance. clinging only to what i know best. lingering in darkness and creeping in the night. what a poor, poor soul replied the stars as they left after night.

Casita Mujeres.

I havent written much on my trip to Honduras and I'm not exactly sure why. Here is my first attempt. The one outreach that sticks out in my mind and I'm sure everyone else's was when we went to CASITA MUJERES. It was a "home" for young girls from the ages of maybe 6-18. On this day Pastor Chace asked me if I would give my testimony. Now in my head I'm thinking "are you serious" but I of course say yes. This is my first time ever to give the story of what made me who I am today. That whole day I was so nervous, anyone who knows me also knows that I'm not one to really get nervous about anything. Just the thought of exposing who I am to a whole crowd of people including those from church and my siblings, it just made me feel vulnerable. Our bus is driving on down the road to our destination when we notice a traffic jam. Great it's already hot and sweaty and now there is no movement for the air to circulate through the bus. I guess it was exactl