Skip to main content

Oh Me Oh My

Life, its been quite the journey. As much as I've wanted to get back at this again, I have also been avoiding it. There has just been so much that has happened from my time in North Carolina until now. This is somewhat of a recap I suppose. I left NC with a lot of unwanted baggage. I say this in the most metaphorical way possible.
As most of you all know. I was married to a marine and we lived out in Camp Lejeune. It was a pretty awesome stay as far as the friends and opportunities I had.  Unfortunately it was short lived due to my ex-husband not being a very nice person and to some of the PTSD he suffered from that went untreated. Basically the relationship was toxic and abusive. So much so that I lost a lot of who I was in always being on the defensive and sticking up for myself. I'm not saying that is was all his fault. Just as in any relationship, both parties are responsible for nurturing or poisoning. So here I am almost 5 years later living my life and loving it.
               I moved on and have two beautiful boys, E (he will be 5 months on the 5th) and N (he turned 3 in September). They are the reason I live and breathe today. I have a wonderful man who treats me with respect, honor and dignity. Not to mention he would never physically harm me. I have what a lot of people dream of. A simple life learning about new things and people. I truly don't know where I would be if I hadn't moved on with my life. Thank God for second chances and sending beautiful people my way. Blessing me with boys and loving me throughout all my faults and disastrous choices. Now I am just learning to be a mommy and a wife.
              I'm choosing to go a completely different direction with my blog. I am no longer that person who is stuck in sorrow. I am free and happy and want to discover all the great things that come with being a mommy and wife. So stay tuned and be ready to hear a the little anecdotes and all the silly things we do. I hope you enjoy this and who knows maybe some post can be of some assistance to someone. I'm sure I will be asking for help and advice. This parenting thing isn't easy. I struggle everyday. Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bedtime music, can you see what kind of mood i am in. ;)

 

ramblings of an insane insecurity

weheartit I think all of is need a little reminder of this. For some reason lately I have needed it. I know how conceited that sounds but there is always a time when you just don't feel attractive. Your pictures never come out right, your hair just doesn't do what it used to and makeup just seems like another necessity. I just haven't had the motivation to do anything. I have been working out everyday (minus yesterday) for an hour .. and the fact that results take time.. URGH !! I want to look like a skinny Minny NOW. To bad without drastic surgery that won't happen. There are so many things that I want to change about my appearance; having longer hair (which takes time), being skinny, having toned arms, wearing clothes that make me look hot instead of like a preschool teacher.. and than I realize I keep focusing on my physical appearance. I don't do this on purpose but it's hard not to when thats all rest of the world seems to focus on. I mean seriously when...