Skip to main content

ramblings of an insane insecurity

weheartit
I think all of is need a little reminder of this. For some reason lately I have needed it. I know how conceited that sounds but there is always a time when you just don't feel attractive. Your pictures never come out right, your hair just doesn't do what it used to and makeup just seems like another necessity. I just haven't had the motivation to do anything. I have been working out everyday (minus yesterday) for an hour .. and the fact that results take time.. URGH!! I want to look like a skinny Minny NOW. To bad without drastic surgery that won't happen.
There are so many things that I want to change about my appearance; having longer hair (which takes time), being skinny, having toned arms, wearing clothes that make me look hot instead of like a preschool teacher.. and than I realize I keep focusing on my physical appearance. I don't do this on purpose but it's hard not to when thats all rest of the world seems to focus on. I mean seriously when was the last time someone told you, "Wow!, your soul is beautiful" or "My! you have a loving heart?"
The things we have grown up believing (and I still believe they are important) most often tend to be overlooked. It is just so frusterating. So I will continue to try and convince myself that while appearance matters, it's definately NOT as important as your inner beauty. Which I know is completely true. Have you ever met a beautiful person with an ugly interior? Let's just say they are not beautiful after they open their mouths.

Popular posts from this blog

Atole de Avena (oatmeal drink)

so in the mornings i LOVE to drink Atole.keep in mind there are different ways to make this. there is with Masa Herina which is the same stuff you use when making tamales, also you can mave atole de elote (corn. its even better than coffee and i adore coffee..
here is a recipe hope you enjoy!!
Ingredients:

•2 cups water
•1 Mexican cinnamon stick, whole (no substitute)
•1½ cups quick oats
•3 cups whole milk*
•sugar to taste
* 2% or skim milk may be substituted; however, keep in mind that this will affect the flavor and overall texture of the finished product.

Directions:

Combine water and cinnamon stick in a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a gentle boil. Allow to simmer for about 3 minutes. Lower heat to medium and add in oats, stirring frequently so that they don’t stick to the bottom of the pan. Once oats are softened and have absorbed most of the water, add in the milk and stir to combine well. Allow atole to return to a boil and then lower the heat once again so that it can begin to thick…

Love this! written by Tanya Amidei

Public Declaration; I NO longer believe in falling/being in love: As I was walking to work this morning I was convicted and reproved for ignorantly believing that I could "fall in love". Love is NOT something you fall into; this pulsing truth wouldn't silence. Now, you can imagine how I felt as the conviction in my heart arose; slightly defensive because certainly I've been defining love properly, right? So, I decided that it was my responsibility to pierce into the Word of my Father, and search to see if this concept of "falling in love" or "being in love" is something that I should indeed attach my life to. Now, it was to my surprise that this concept of emotional intoxication that motivates the lips to part and the tongue to say "I'm in love" is NOWHERE to be found! In fact, as I dug into research I found that this concept; the one I've been guilty of co-signing my name to, is nothing more than lust. Lust is built on what the …

LICHAS!! gotta try something new!!

so this is a fruit we ate in honduras.. they are so nummy.. if you ever have a chance please do try them..